Application is ongoing for the INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION!!! KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD WITH PRIZE… and would soon close, the eligible and interested public is advised to take urgent attention on this, even as we wish you best of luck.
THE KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD?
The KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD is an international competition
for user-centric product design,
where the best of the best are actually put on the consumer market.
Last year, we received a total of 1,377 entries from product designers in more than 54 countries.
Past award winners have included hit products like the Kadokeshi eraser,
the Nameless Paints, and the True Measure ruler.
We are looking for any and all ideas to turn into actual products.
Be sure to submit your design for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2021.
Registrations and submissions are now being accepted for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2021 contest.
This year’s theme is “POST-NORMAL”. The target designs that we want to receive are for “stationery, furniture and all items generally used in working, learning and living scenes”. As all items generally used in everyday life are included in the target design areas, we are expecting the submission of flexible ideas, not only in stationery and furniture which are the main product categories of KOKUYO.
Here are messages from the judges regarding this year’s theme. Please take a look.
The three criteria for judging the entries are whether they “propose new value”, “The design’s level of completion” and have the “feasibility of commercialization”.
The entries will be comprehensively evaluated in terms of the following: being in keeping with this year’s theme of “POST-NORMAL”, proposing a product design with a high level of completion, and showing that feasibility of commercialization has been properly considered.
The following six people will be the judges, the same as last year: Ryosuke Uehara, Masashi Kawamura, Tsuyoshi Tane, Teruhiro Yanagihara, Yoshie Watanabe, and Hidekuni Kuroda (Representative Director of the Board and President of KOKUYO Co., Ltd.).
We are looking forward to seeing what kinds of designs we get this year.
The deadline for entries and design submissions is 12:00 noon (Japan Standard Time) on Monday, October 21.
We are eagerly awaiting your designs.
We look forward to receiving pieces of work that will surprise us this year!
Registrations and Design submissions will be accepted through before 12:00 (noon) JPT on October 19.
We look forward to seeing your amazing designs.
The world became new while we were totally unprepared for it.
Before we are given time to think carefully about things,
what we like, dislike, agree with, disagree with,
our once-familiar everyday life continues to change.
So we try to catch up with the changes, and in our rush
many ideas spring up and disappear.
What’s important in product design now
is to try to face the things around us anew.
To take a deep look at the value of continuing to be lastingly and broadly loved.
To end not only with an idea, but to think through every detail,
to be persistent, and give shape to a product.
Any stationery, furniture or tool used in working, learning and living scenes
The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality.
1. Persons able to make a presentation at final judging (secondary judging) in Tokyo. (March 13, 2021)
* The contest organizer will pay expenses incurred by participants for travel and lodging
(up to two individuals for group entries).
2. Those who consent to these Rules.
* In cases when an entrant is a minor, the consent of their parent or other statutory agent is required.
NUMBER OF submissions ALLOWED
* Entry eligibility is limited to those designs never before shown publicly (in Japan, other countries).
* Special prizes may be awarded.
* Not all prizes may be awarded for all categories if there is no winner selected.
* Prize money will be paid net of withholding tax, surtax for reconstruction funding, and other applicable deductions.
* The amount shown in dollars is that calculated at the time of publication. The prize will be calculated according to the exchange rate at the time of payment, from the amount shown in Japanese yen.
MORE INFO, VISIT HERE