Hurray! Paradigm Initiative (PIN) calls applicants for its Digital Rights Inclusion Learning Lab (DRILL).
Paradigm Initiative is a social enterprise that builds ICT – enabled support systems and fights for digital rights for the improvements of the livelihoods of mistreated and underserved young Africans.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
• Fellowship is open to applicants from Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
• Candidates who have had a minimum of 5 years experience as technology or social innovators, researchers, policy experts, or entrepreneurs
• Candidates must have a relevant postgraduate qualification, must be exceptional individuals who have the potential of bringing up innovations, as well as gain recognition of the digital ecosystem.
• Applicants must have intended focus on which they would like to achieve during their application process. Their idea must be a project proposal that will benefit from the exposure to the African digital rights and inclusion community.
• The fellowship program would run for nine months starting from 1st March 2021 to 31st November 2021.
• Successful applicants would work full time within any of the PIN offices.
• Successful fellows will propose and work on an innovative project to be completed during the fellowship. The project must center on cutting edge research technology that addresses digital rights or digital inclusion issues in Africa.
• Fellows will host a monthly meeting that would tackle critical issues concerning the ecosystem.
• Fellows will conduct weekly presentations and prepare content on their project to share with the PIN team;
Fellows will also undergo a monthly DRILL podcast with the PIN Executive Director.
• The last month of the fellowship will feature a final meeting of final presentations and podcasts from the selected fellows.
• Also, the closing event would be to award the winner with notification for completion.
• Provision of a monthly stipend to the selected fellows would cover their participation in the fellowship.
• Provision of research project grants to support an approved project and budget.
• Provision for costs associated with the DRILL activities, opportunity to be part of the team, access to the ecosystem, and feedbacks on the project throughout y duration of the fellowship.
• Provision for possible travel opportunities to an international platform to showcase their finished project.
Application is open from 6th October 2020 to 30th October 2020
Follow the link Belle to apply