APPLY NOW: Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme
Do you crave CHANGE indeed?
Do you envisage a better world with your involvement?
Do you want to speak up for SRH of young Ghanaians?
The United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) is on a mission, to ensure a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled;
The UNFPA, in tandem with the United Nations Youth Strategy, work in sync all other United Nations agencies to enhance young peoples rights, encourage diversity, confect its agency, thereby fostering regional, country and global impact;
On this premise, Youth Leadership Programme (YoLe), launched by UNFPA Ghana, aligns with Ghana National Youth Policy 2010 to enhance the ICT skill set of young Ghanaians, provide: leadership training, mentorship, an avenue for networking and building partnerships;
The year-long YoLe Fellowship aims to expose youngsters to the intricacies and inner workings of the United Nations, harness their interests in tandem with UNFPA’s mission and vision, and consequently enhancing their leadership skills, providing them with mentorship from experts in health innovations amongst others
• Over 230 hours of training in professional development, career development, Web design, entrepreneurship, programming, innovations in the health sector, amongst others
• Successful candidates will undergo the following training sessions: conferencing and logistic planning, proposal writing, social media and networking, concept note writing, reporting, research, business model canvas development, technology innovations in the COVID era, innovation fostering gender equity, data-driven decisions, data visualisation and presentation, as well as human-centred designing in the COVID era.
• Candidate must be between the ages of 18 & 26
• Candidate must be ready to commit one year to this year’s fellowship
• Candidate must be a graduate from any Ghanaian tertiary institution
• Candidate must demonstrate a passion for making a difference in their community;
• interests, dedication to issues either through volunteering, work experience, affiliation with a youth network or NGO, in UNFPA’s vision
• Candidate must proactive, possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Candidate must be able to communicate in English
• Application materials must be submitted in English.
• Programme (January 2021 – December 2021)!
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
• Entrants would be selected based on interests in the advancement of young peoples rights;
Flair to network with others;
Understanding and explanation of how this Fellowship will benefit their efforts in advancing human rights by UNFPA’s vision
• YoLe Fellows must work full-time at the UNFPA Ghana Country Office, Accra, Ghana.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are to submit the following:
A. One page write up explaining their professional goals and ambitions
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
26th October 2020.