ABOUT AFRICAN REINSURANCE CORPORATION (AFRICAN RE).
The African Reinsurance Corporation is one of the international financial institutions having full diplomatic position with their headquarters located in Lagos, Nigeria. Founded in February 1976 by member states of the previous organization of African Unity (OAU) which is now known as African Union (AU). The African Reinsurance Corporation (African Re) is the reinsurance company ranking first in Africa.
Each year, successful participants for the young professionals goes through a year training programme with a “lengthy/knowledge acquiring assignment” developed in which they will gain quality on-the-job experience.
These participants will go through a thorough 9 months online training on a uniquely planned package which focuses on reinsurance, leadership and management topics. English and French languages would be used to execute the programme.
Criteria for selection
Successful participants will be brought together in Lagos for a week or in another city where Africa Re’s office is located for the conclusion of the training and also for the Certification ceremony.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE TRAINING
Within the period of the one week one on one training, candidates will be splited into teams.
A paper of a maximum of 5 pages on how they are required to affect each of their corresponding organizations in the areas of training, knowledge and skills acquisition if they take the positions of power will be asked to be presented by individual team.
The participants are expected to be positively affected by the programme in order to:
- Comprehend the reinsurance industry and their missions in times ahead regarding to powerful leadership, governance and accountability;
- Build a carefully considered approach to contest for the reinsurance market in Africa by minimizing many low quality actions and approaches;
- Increase standards expected of a professional;
- Build/Increase the succession of actions taken from within (clients servicing, claims handling, etc);
- Add to market research and divisions for small earning clients and build commodities for the general public to be to increase the penetration of insurance;
- Assist in the building of trust-worthy database of reinsurance market statistics.
Click on the link below to apply here.
For more details and application information, here.