The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator, Kenya is the foremost incubator programme for businesses created by the female
gender, inline with intentions for more variety in technology, entrepreneurship and for more favorable circumstances for the female gender to build entrepreneurial and leadership excellence.
The programme is a fresh development of Standard Chartered collaborating with @iBizAfrica centre, Strathmoor University.
World class start up support with local and international experience are brought together by the program to make possible for a whole startup incubation program which pays attention to learning deeply, mentorship and coaching, seed financing and business to business connections for startups with high fighting the most important challenge on the continent.
COMPONENTS FOR INCUBATION
The following essential components of business development would be talked about in the procedures of the incubation program;
- Deep knowledge acquisition: Business owners go through an intense assessing of the present position of the operations of their company. This helps the procedures of curriculum delivery to meet the special needs of every businesses.
- Trusted Counseling and Training: Private teachers and trainers go through the process of incubation with business owners by making customized mentorship easier and coaching sessions meet the needs of individual company.
- Seed Financing Accessibility: The program helps business owners to go through intense readiness which makes them to effectively gain and make use of operational investment. 10,000 USD is invested in the program for each of the five companies that show great potentials in each group.
- Matching Business 2 Business: Businesses are able to connect with a rich interconnected group of enablers and associates, inside and outside the ecosystem; which helps them to design partnerships which will last for an indefinite period for the growth of the business.
We are on the look out to employ the best business minded, tech start ups lead by women as important drivers of business innovation.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- The business location must be in Kenya, i.e must focus on the needs of Kenyans and run it operations in Kenya.
- The business must be Tech related and or gaining advantage on rising technologies, containing but not restricted to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial intelligence; Robotics augmented and Virtual reality; 3D and 4D printing; Cloud computing; Big data; Block chain; Drone technology and Biometrics.
- The business must be established or co-owned by a woman with the same value of ownership (50-50) or a larger percentage share.
- The owner or co-owner has to be more than 18 years of age and a citizen of Kenya.
- The business representative must possess transparent attention on sustainability and in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Business operations of 3 months to less than 2 years.
- Looking for support for concept authentication, customer product and business model creation.
- Timely adoption of new product by the users with pre-revenue.
- The development of a new business module with post-income, will give an added advantage.
17 SDGs solving Program Thematic Areas Companies functioning with but with no restrictions to the following sectors are suitable to apply for the programme;
- Information technology
- Financial services
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
• In-depth learning experience for 12 weeks.
• B2B networking opportunities accessibility.
• Customized training sessions to resolve your unusual business necessities.
• A chance to be part of a supportive Women in tech alumni network.
• Top five finalists funding of KES 1,000,000 equity- free grant seed.
• Ongoing support for a period of 9 months from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to help with the go-to market and scale for the leading five finalists.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE APPLIED
Successful conclusion of the Women in tech virtual incubation program is a must. Supposing a physical meet up is required, observation of the regulations laid down by the government on COVID-19 health measures is MANDATORY.
15th December, 2020.
Click on the link below:
Further information and to apply, click here.