Are you a writer, dramatist, screenwriter, etcetera? Here is an opportunity for you to protect yourself and your writings to the world by participating in the Varuna’s First Nations Fellowship.
The fellowship program is intended for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander from any part of Australia. The fellowship takes place six times every year and provides people in the aforementioned category a lot of July opportunities.
The fellowship is supported by The Bridge Awards and partnered by Varuna The National Writer’s House Of Australia and the Cove Park in Scotland.
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander from any part of Australia.
• Applicant genre of works must be one of the following: fiction, narrative fiction, poetry, children’s books, short fiction, writings for radio, and Translation.
• Works should aim at preserving, educating, documenting, or telling stories of the indigenous Australian culture.
To apply for the fellowship program, applicants must submit their works. For poetry submissions, applicants are required to submit ten poems. Other submissions applicants are required to submit between the first 4,000 and 10,000 words of their manuscript. Audio format is also allowed.
The application closed on the 10th of December, 2020.
• Group reading sessions
• Mentorship opportunity
• 18 months opportunity to publish complete works at Magbala after the completion of the fellowship program
• Varuna alumni would get an aeroplane ticket fee from Australia to Scotland, free residency at the Cove Park, and a weekly feeding fee.
For questions or any difficulty contact 02 4782 5674 or read the FAQ.
For more details and application click