FELLOWSHIPS: Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa: Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship award
The Social Science Research Council awards fellowships to assist them in the completion of their doctoral degree and to encourage the next coming generation in the field of social sciences in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda. The award prize is to support thesis research on security, peace, and development topics. Participants must attend two workshops sponsored by the SSRC every year, intended to help early-career ability engage in research and writing. Forty-three (43) participants are awarded across all categories, annually.
•The sum of US$15,000 is given to support 6-12 month doctoral dissertation research whose topic is related to peace, security, and development.
• Opportunity to attend two workshops each year, which will strengthen, and develop participants in their research, develop them in scholarly writing, including academic publications
• It encourages forward-looking research on security, peace, and development topics
• To support different projects seeking to put more light on political, economic, social, conflict, and peacemaking using evidence-based research.
• To explore the root of corruption in bad governance, rule of law human security, insecurity, and other courses related to the social sciences field.
For more information on the supported projects, please visit the website.
• To promote diversity and strongly recommended for women to apply
• Only Sub-Saharan African Country citizens are eligible to apply
• Must have enrolled and working towards a PhD in any authorized university, or affiliated to any institution in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
• Must have a fully developed doctoral dissertation research proposal in the related field authorized by a graduate school at an accredited university.
• There is no restriction to a candidate who wants to apply
All applicants must submit their applications using an online portal.
• The proposal must contain clear and brief descriptions of the project and its significant
• The methodologies, and the thorough knowledge must be relevant to social sciences literature that applicants will engage in their research.
• The proposal must be feasible and practicable which can be completed in a timely manner.
• The proposal will be accessed by the independent, international committee of higher scholars from the field of social science and related disciplines.
• Applications deadline is February 1, 2021
• Award decision will be made to an announcement in May 2021
• All Funded research must take place between July- June 2021
For more information and questions about the award
More Details And Application Here