Since 2011, Ashoka – one of the international’s largest networks of social marketers and Boehringer Ingelheim – a family-owned, international-main and studies-pushed Pharmaceutical corporation, have collaborated around a global initiative – Making More Health (MMH). Making More Health brings collectively the nice enjoy in social innovation and global healthcare to improve fitness-care get right of entry to for human beings and animals in underserved communities around the world.
The MMH Co-creation Accelerator, currently in its third year, may be a structured social enterprise support program consisting of 12 months of design and implementation to test/pilot a replacement strategy or element of a business model, culminating during a pitch for further scale-up. The winners of this pitch will preserve into a second 12-month phase of scale-up guide of the take a look at/pilot. In both stages of this system, contributors have get right of entry to to financial and technical assist from Ashoka, Boehringer Ingelheim and social investment specialists.
A key spotlight of this system is its co-introduction method that hyperlinks Boehringer Ingelheim personnel and collaborating social companies (based on relevant abilties and expertise), so they’ll continue to collaborate round shared solutions for healthcare get admission to. Upon exiting the accelerator application, contributors be part of a developing alumni community of like-minded social entrepreneurs with persisted get right of entry to to technical guide, first-rate exercise sharing and networking.
• Katuramu Nassir
• Sarah Jefferson
• Bryan Chesoli
The program targets social entrepreneurs that meet the beneath selection criteria and whose corporations make contributions either immediately or circuitously to human & animal health access in Africa. While healthcare get right of entry to lies at the center of the Making More Health program, there may be additionally an interest in how health intersects with environmental sustainability such as protection of fresh water, decreasing carbon emissions and smarter utilization of natural sources in packaging and fashion.
1. Direct Contribution: Innovations that contribute directly to healthcare access (for humans and animals) by providing frontline delivery of health products and services to both people as well as to farmers and their livestock. (For humans, the accelerator has a particular attention on non-communicable sicknesses consisting of diabetes, high blood pressure myocardial infarction, stroke respiration sickness and cancers.) Topics of interest include last-mile delivery, e-health solutions, disease management support services and diagnostic solutions, and one-health models.
2. Indirect Contribution: Improvements that make a contribution immediately to healthcare access (for people and animals) by imparting frontline shipping of health services and products to each people in addition to to farmers and their livestock. (For humans, the accelerator has a selected focus on non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, hypertension myocardial infarction, stroke breathing sickness and cancers.) topics of choice consist of closing-mile transport, e-health answers, ailment management support offerings and diagnostic answers, and one-fitness fashions.
If you have an innovation that contributes to the growth in healthcare get right of entry to in Africa in any of the approaches defined above, we’re interested by receiving your software. Please review the standards underneath to make sure which you qualify before applying;
• Legal Entity: Business or Social
• Enterprise Age: a minimum of three years of operation.
• Sector: Any sector that participates directly or indirectly to human or animal health.
• Country of Operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
• Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual income sales.
• Impact: Clear metrics and evidence of impact
• Team: Robust group with the proper length and level of competency
1. Professional Growth:
The program gives participants more than one opportunities for professional growth and improvement of their entrepreneurial adventure. Consists of in-individual and online workshops and seminars on subjects about operations, structures alternate, replication & switch, social finance, and new management amongst others.
2. Technical understanding:
As members broaden and check techniques to unlock their capacity for scale and sustainability, they’ve get admission to to expert advice from experienced professionals at Boehringer Ingelheim thru a curated govt in residence (EiR) or professional engagement software. Engagement with BI personnel might also take place certainly or in-man or woman for 2-4 weeks at a time.
3. Strategic Networks:
Accelerator contributors end up part of an ever developing and closely knit network of atmosphere actors which include impact investors, foundations, authorities companies, company executives, social marketers and professionals dedicated to improving fitness care get entry to for human beings and animals throughout Africa with ongoing support from Making More Health.
4. Investment Access Support: The program provides each participant with a grant of Euros 50k for piloting/testing a replacement strategy or element of a business model, with the likelihood of additional proportion funds of up to Euros 150K for successful pilots. Participants additionally get hold of tens of hundreds of euros in pro-bono technical support and funding readiness training. Additionally, the program gives program participants the prospect to showcase their innovations to a bigger community of investors at an annual investor showcase event.
5. Business Collaboration: Where there’s a timely and strategic fit between Boehringer Ingelheim and a participating social venture, there’s the potential to explore a strategic business collaboration with significant long-term benefits for both organizations.
• Submission of applications is between 1st Dec, 2020 – 7th February, 2021.
• Round one – One-on-one interviews starts from 11th Jan to 14th February, 2021
• Round two – Panel Interviews starts on 26th Feb, 2021
• Announcement of successful applicants is scheduled for March, 2021
For inquiries, kindly contact Nassir Katuramu via firstname.lastname@example.org
More details and applications here.