Enrol for Energy, Mobility and Agriculture Innovation program 2021
Seedstars in conjunction with Shell foundation has taken it up, looking for a sustainable, scalable and innovative working towards access to energy, sustainable agriculture and mobility with the view of improving helping low-income communities in Africa.
The program aims to help, advocate and train young tech startups by dealing with challenges about the access to energy (like household energy; business energy and nexus energy); sustainable agriculture (that is value chain innovations to improve access to finance, technology, market or knowledge) or sustainable mobility for both people and goods in the rural areas in Africa.
Applicants must comply with all the criteria listed below:
1. The startup must possess an already existing solution which has existed in less than 4 years or 2 years average.
2. The solution must be workable in all the three sectors: Mobility, Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture.
3. It must be an early-stage startup (seed stage with an MVP – minimum viable product)
4. It operations must be based in Africa.
5. It must be generating revenue.
6. In investment, it must have raised less than $1M US dollars to date.
7. It must be able to improve your influence on African communities and make agriculture, mobility and energy industry more sustainable.
Selected startups are entitled to the following:
1. Investment-readiness training
2. Group mentoring based on sector( either mobility, energy or agriculture).
3. Based on individual needs, there is one-on-one mentorship with an attached expert.
4. Identification by the Shell Foundation for potential funding opportunities.
5. Leverage of the human resources and knowledge available within the pro-bono network of the Shell Foundation.
1. Launch Of Open call: 19th of November, 2020
2.. Close Of Applications: 20th of December, 2020
3. Announcement of Chosen Startups: 3rd of January, 2021
4 Investment Readiness Program: From February to April, 2021
Click here for more details and applications, click here.