The Campus Blockchain Hackathon is an initiative of Africa Blockchain Institute (ABI), to present the scholars of higher establishments in Africa early publicity to the profession and commercial enterprise possibilities being presented by using the Blockchain/DLT Digital Innovations. The Hackathon creates an established and sustainable network that nurtures and empowers superb builders via supplying and democratizing get entry to expertise, capital, and mentorship.
This contest asks students from higher instructional establishments throughout Africa, to construct Blockchain programs on free TON as a way to upload value both to the continent and to the loose TON network.
ABOUT FREE TON
FREE TON positions itself as a network of the Open Source (OS) undertaking that was created with the aid of the developers of the Telegram Open Network (TON). TON OS is designed as a decentralized operating machine to address decentralized applications. One way to imagine it is that it’s an extra full-featured than the Ethereum virtual machine which only strictly run code. TON OS has a stack of components which may be utilized by developers to create powerful packages. With the aid of making these additives Open Source, everyone round can view and copy fragments of the code.
Campus Blockchain Hackathon is progressively becoming a house-hold network in which blockchain budding student begin their journey from concept to the launching of begin Up.
The Hackathon is planned to interact the academia on the entirety and something they want to recognize approximately Blockchain era. Subjects protected will not best give members a terrific understanding of the Blockchain and the way it works, however, will also speak modern-day and destiny programs and the way they are being implemented to alternate the sector profitably.
• Fintech infrastructure/virtual Wallets (to help those who do now not have to get right of entry to banking)
• Human rights protections
• Land possession and registry
• National vote casting systems
• Excessive tech activity creation
Be free to specify any other programs that first-class serve the desires of Africa
This contest will offer regards for winners whose topics are chosen for the Hackathon one by one from this list).
• The primary section of the hackathon will be performed virtually, while the the very last phase is carried out physically.
• The call for application is open to Africans and/or of African descendants, analyzing in an African institution of higher studying.
• The contest begins with competition inside each African countries. Winners of the country-based totally contest will now proceed to the regional contest – all of these completed virtually.
• Ultimately, winners from the regional contest will be invited to visit Rwanda for the Grand Finale – to be done physically (all costs paid).
Even if you are an amateur, do not panic! A number of the fine technical experts within the blockchain network could be there that will help you build your venture. Come as you are!
You may construct. Maximum of your time will be spent building your decentralized software, from idea submission to product launch!
Workshops, talks, mentors. No matter your knowledge, you will learn some thing there
Regional Winners receive all fee paid journey to visit Rwanda for the Finals
• Students with Identity Card.
• Basic information of programming languages, i.E., capacity to write code in a single or all of those languages is obligatory: Solidity, C++, or C.
• Github account.
We are searching for desirous students who are forward-thinking, revolutionary, and ready to tackle challenges via developing the following “Big Thing”.
4th – 20th Position
Plus other helping prizes. Ultimately, winners get to go home with monetary prizes, plus other help.
Here is how it works:
Put up application
– Meet requirements
– Fill-in ideas
Get acceptance confirmation
– Dev tools
– Collaborate with mentors
– Jury Screening
February 1st, 2021 – April 8th, 2021
The Grand Finale will be held at the African Leadership University, Kigali-Rwanda
Additional information and application here.