APPLY NOW!!! Skills in Action Photo Competition 2021(PRIZE AWARD).
Are you an amateur or professional photographer with an interest in youth skills? Don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition!
Am I eligible to participate?
You are eligible to participate as long as:
•you are a minimum of 18 years old.
•you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries.
What should my photo show?
Photos should highlight the innovative aspects of technical and vocational training and training (TVET).
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing how TVET is equipping children with skills for the longer term .
This year’s theme is that the way forward for youth skills and submissions should specialise in one or all of the following:
• TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting how skilled children are applying their knowledge and training to contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
• Preparing for a digitalized world – photos highlighting how the digitalization of TVET helps to create skills and competencies for the changing way forward for work.
• Skills for inclusive growth – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to innovative, future-oriented TVET, no matter gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
Do’s and Don’ts
•Decide your thematic area(s) of focus. this may make sure that your entry avoids being filtered out for not adhering to the themes.
•Use a camera which will output high-resolution photo with a minimum of 3000 pixels on the longest side with 300 DPI/PPI setting. Exempted from this are photos taken using mobile phones within the highest resolution (the acceptance of the entry is predicated on the standard and is subject to our decision).
•Ensure that you simply have the approval/consent of the people within the picture, especially if the main target is on one person.
•You are encouraged to use this form:
You can make simple edits to the photo but these got to be laid out in the shape .
•Don’t submit an entry of a photograph collage (multiple photos on one frame)
•Don’t put watermarks, signature or any overlays on your picture
•Don’t send pictures that aren’t associated with any of the thematic areas.
When is that the submission deadline?
The submission deadline has been extended to 31 August 2021. All photos must be amid the finished submission form and sent to: unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org.
Please read through the submission process before sending in your photos!
What am i able to win?
The winners of the talents in Action Photo Competition will receive the subsequent prizes:
•1st prize – 750 USD
•2nd prize – 500 USD
•3rd prize – 350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries are going to be featured on the UNESCO-UNEVOC website and across various social media platforms.
All submissions received will become the property of UNESCO-UNEVOC and can be eligible to be used in future UNESCO-UNEVOC media campaigns, publications and promotion .
•All entries should be submitted with a title, a quick paragraph (not quite 75 words) explaining the context of the photo, along side where and when it had been taken.
•All photos submitted should be in jpeg format. it’ll be a plus to submit Raw/Tiff files. The longer side should be a minimum of 3,000 pixels.
•The entrants are allowed to digitally manipulate entries slightly and state the character of manipulation.
•Please don’t include any marks, logos, watermarks, or borders in your photos.
•Your photos should be associated with the themes mentioned above.
HOW TO SUBMIT
After taking your photo/s:
1. Add a title and write a brief description for each photo.
2. Rename the photo/s during this format: Lastname-Firstname_title.jpeg (example: Oyelowo-Eyitayo_Female-aircraft-engineers.jpeg/.tiff)
3. confirm you accept as true with the Terms and Conditions. (Also found within the submission form)
4. Download and complete the submission form and rename the shape during this format: Lastname-Firstname_SAPC20_SF.docx (Note that the insert picture/thumbnail function might not work for MSWord97-2003 versions)
5. Send the finished form (with thumbnails of the pictures) along side the first photo files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org with the subsequent email subject heading Last name_SAPhotoCompetition2020.
Note that the attachment size may have a limit. just in case of multiple entries that can’t be sent via email, you’ll use any cloud storage servers you favor and supply us with the direct link (no sign-up required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of a web file sharing service.
1. Upon submission, UNESCO-UNEVOC will filter entries in compliance with the essential terms and conditions. you’ll not receive an acknowledgement of submission, but all entries are going to be processed.
2. the choice process are going to be supported the subsequent criteria:
Adherence to the theme
Uniqueness of the concept/shot
Innovative means of delivering the message
3. Photographers are going to be informed via email that their entries are shortlisted.
The Photo Library are going to be considered an Open Access Repository, which can be accessed by anyone under Creative Commons 3.0 IGO License.