The Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship Program is open to all recent college and graduates school alumni of the University.
The fellowship program which is run for six to nine months aims at selecting outstanding and brilliant individuals who would work with non-profit organizations and other public-interest organizations that address issues of peace and security.
Individuals who meet the following requirements would have a chance of participating in the program:
• Individuals who have previously shown interest in the field.
• They must possess good writing skills that would help them cope in a fast-paced office environment.
• Failure to tender all required details may hinder such an individual from being selected for the interview.
• Prospective fellows must have an outstanding and strong academic background. They must have also studied a course that centers on peace and security issues.
• Individuals must have prior experience with public interest advocacy and such experience is preferable but not necessarily focused on peace and security issues.
• Prospective fellows must have completed a baccalaureate degree at the time the fellowship would commence.
• Individuals who are not citizens or residents of the United States are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Prospective fellows are required to provide the following details:
• Full name
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Semester the individual is applying for.
• Name, address, email address, and telephone number of the two reference letters required of all participants.
• A list of about 5-6 participating organizations you would like to work with if chosen as a Scoville Fellow.
• Through which medium did you learn about the fellowship (specificity is required).
• A detailed curriculum vitae.
• A personal essay of not more than 750 words highlighting the candidate’s qualifications, interest, fellowship objectives, and career goals.
• Official transcript that includes all previous educational background details.
The application for Fall 2021 Fellowship application deadline is 4th of January, 2021 and for Spring 2022 Fellowship application deadline is 1st October 2021.
• Selected fellows would receive a monthly pay of $3,400 and basic health insurance compensation.
• There’s also a provision of $1000 for each fellow to attend necessary conferences and meetings.
• Mentorship and social networking opportunities.
For more details and application click here.